Goblins & Kobolds
Night Goblins are a subspecies of Goblins.
Unlike their cousins, the Common Goblins, Night Goblins live in dark caves, usually under the mountains, and generally have a strong aversion to sunlight, so when they come out of their caves they wear dark robes which protect them from sunlight. They subsist on various fungi, cave squigs and bits of each other.
There are few things Goblins fear (whether or not it is logical to do so), but they do fear their Night Goblin kin. They do so for good reason.
While Goblins are known to be awful, cruel, and vicious creatures they are not particularly feared for anything besides their power as a horde. Night Goblins are. They are smarter, crueler, and by far more vicious. Also, their sadistic tendencies even unnerve their “lesser” cousins.
Night Goblins also differ from their cousins in their ability for creativity; creativity in anything and everything war and demolition related. They are conniving, patient, secretive, and wicked little fellows. They are prized as mercenaries by those willing to risk negotiating with them. Even the handful of non-evil ones are worth their wait in gold for those looking for an assassin or spy, possibly even more so due to a lesser chance of the client finding a sharp knife embedded within his back.
Apparently favored by the Goblin Pantheon, they have an unusually large number of Adepts (Known as Shamans) at their disposal. Combined with almost every adult possessing at least a single level of Rogue this makes them quite a formidable threat to most anyone, regardless of being significantly fewer in number than their common relatives. However, they are more than capable of banding together for a simple (and enjoyable) horde raid if desired.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence –2 Strength, –2 Charisma, -2 wisdom.
- Humanoid (Goblinoid).
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 of those of Medium characters.
- A Night goblin’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet. *Light Sensitivity (Ex): Night Goblins are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks and Ride checks(only when riding squigs and spiders) +2 racial bonus to craft (alchemy). *Racial weapon proficiency (Net)
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against Dwarves.
- Automatic Languages: Goblin, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
- Favored Class: Adept or Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
*Always chaotic evil
Unique Night Goblin items:
- Shaman Mushroom