Goblins & Kobolds
PenguinsThe Humans were indeed a strange race. Such potential and power, yet completely unwise. While able to create great artifacts of enormous world-shattering power with ease, they had more talents then just constructing weapons of war. They worked on other medians than just metal and dangerous chemicals. They occasionally even deviled in flesh and bone itself in the hopes of aching their destructive ends.
Today one of the greatest success of their biological experimentation still walk the remains of the planet’s arctic. Unlike most races these creatures are thriving, and easily pushing back the snow adapted Goblins of their realm. These altered creatures proudly call themselves Penguins.
Hyper-Intelligent, these flightless semi-aquatic birds with their flexible wings have passed down the military strategies and tactics of their long-gone craters, and posses the greatest hordes of artifacts left on the planet. So great is their collection, and with such lack of concern they use up their ammunition that many assume they hold claim to the mythical remaining factories of Those Who Ruined. While this would have world-reaching implications if it were true, no one has been able to return from deep Penguin territory alive to claim either way.
While originally created as the ultimate soldiers (or so the Penguins claim…) to fight as a slave race for the Those Who Ruined, the little fellows proved too clever and quickly rebelled against their crazed masters. Soon they had taken the remains of the planet’s arctic as their own, and the snow ran red with the blood of their slain mammal oppressors. But their was little time to celebrate, for only minutes after they had finished off their former masters than they noticed coming from the direction of the rising sun the first of the Snow Goblin hordes finally coming out of their secret hiding places. But they did not feel fear, nor could the Snow Goblins read a single thought of their seemingly emotionless faces as they merely cocked their weapons, filed back in ranks, and marched straight forward into the the icy-green horde much to the shock of their foes.
A Penguin has the following statistics.
- -4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma.
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
- A Penguin’s base land speed is 20 feet. They have a 40ft Swim Speed and can “Belly Slide” on slick surfaces at a speed of 40ft on land.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet. Arctic Vision out to 120ft.
- Immune to arctic temperatures.
- A penguin may hold it’s breath for ten times what it’s constitution score would normally allow without issue.
- A Penguin may reroll one missed attack roll using a Human ranged artifact once per day. The player must declare using this ability before the DM describes the results of the missed attack.
- Racial Skills: A Penguin character has a +2 racial bonus on Survival checks while in arctic or arctic like terrain or when in the water, and Penguin characters receive a +10 to Swim checks and can always take 10 on Swim checks even if rushed.
- Racial Feats: A Penguin character gains feats according to its character class. It receives a single Gun Proficiency feat of it’s choice as a bonus feat. In addition, it may take d20 Modern Weapon Feats (such as Gun Feats) as fighter feats.
- Special Qualities: (see above).
- Automatic Languages: Avian. Bonus Languages: Common, Goblin (Arctic Goblin Dialect).
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level adjustment +0.